Thursday, March 3, 2011

Life after maternity leave ended...

How sad to see that this blog, my writing, and everything that made me happy, that made me me bit the dust back in September. Not to say I'm not happy, or fulfilled, or that life's not great right now...it is, in a different way.

I'm back to work in a new job that requires a lot of personal interactions throughout the day, so (a) we have more money and (b) I have no energy for anything but my children after work, and can't even form a coherent sentence much less finish off the novel I love so dearly.

I thought that if that I couldn't put my all into the book, I shouldn't put anything. My book deserves more than what I am able to give it, certainly,and to do a halfway job on it would be very disheartening.

All that aside, I have decided a new path. I will write little bits throughout my day. I will take 5 minute breaks and jot down an idea here, a scrap of dialigue there, and on the weekend I will take one evening to myself and see what I've come up with over the week.

Six months have been wasted. Time to start out again.

:)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ponderings...