Sunday, March 4, 2012

Pass the Tea and Sympathy...

Writing. It's something that happens to people more than it's something people do...at least for me.

I'm trying to finish out SERA, my wip, and I'm trying to sketch out stories and themes for my next project. I've realized, though, that my heart isn't in it, because my heart is out there living real life.
It's not that I don't still live in my book, I do...I still love to hear my characters talk to each other as they sit in the amazing world I've created. Usually, though, my inner life is quite calm, and my characters' lives are the most interesting things in it. Lately my head has been somewhat chaotic and I'm seeing this chaos on the pages.

People say to write what you know, what you've lived. Writers are supposed to go out and take on life so they can be accurate in their make-believe worlds.
But what happens when the real world takes over and bleeds into the created one?


Should I ride out the storm, or try to push through?

Either way, the chaos itself may serve as a great platform for a new book very soon. Silver linings...?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Ponderings...